I have a question for you! – Are you aware of the thoughts that you’re thinking? If not, that needs to change right-this-second. Because your thoughts are everything. The words you tell yourself within that inner landscape of yours are going to inform every single thing you do. So you’ve gotta be conscious of them. … Read More →
Since we’re in the month of Valentine’s Day + International Self-Love Day, I’m gonna be rocking the LOVE!
This week, I’m sharing a fun list of 14 things you can do to get your heart chakra vibrant, open, and deliriously magnetic… So LET’S NOT WAIT!…You can pick 1 tip, or you can do all 14; whatever resonates with you!
1. Put your hands over your heart, close your eyes, and set an intention to shine love wherever you go today!
2. Tap on your chest area with your fingertips, while breathing in and out of an open mouth. Do this for 30-60 seconds, and notice how much more open your heart feels afterward.
3. Think of someone whom you love and care about, while closing your eyes and focusing on your heart center, for at least a minute. Feel the love within you expand wildly as a result!
4. Spend at least 10 minutes doing something you looove today. Too often, we don’t set aside the time for the things that light us up. Instead we’re so bogged down by our to-do lists, work, and other obligations. But doing something you love, even if only for 10 minutes, is insanely heart-opening.
5. Go outside. Open your chest and arms up to the sky. And breathe.
6. Wrap your arms around yourself and say the words, “I love me.” A little Self-Love goes a long way toward opening up the heart chakra.
7. Watch one of my favorite Ted Talks of all time. Brene Brown’s talk on Vulnerability: http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html Vulnerability is KEY when it comes to opening the heart!
8. If you have children, shut off all electronics and pour hours of time into just being silly and exploring the universe with them. (And yes, one can be silly AND explore the universe at the same time!)
9. Accept yourself completely. Accept that you are flawed, but also know that you are one of the most perfect, gorgeous, and amazing creatures to have ever walked this planet. (And no, that’s not a contradiction!)
10. Get your hands dirty and create art! Fingerpaint, mold some clay, glue things together; whatever you feel called to do! The arms are an extension of the heart chakra, so as you create, feel your heart flowing through your arms and into your creations!
11. Give someone a gigantic hug today. And do me a favor: Don’t hold back.
12. Sing a song, and imagine that it’s actually moving up from your heart and out of your mouth. Absolutely. Amazing. Trust. Me.
13. Forgive. Is there something you’re holding onto that’s killing you right now? Well, then now’s a good time to just forgive and move on. Your heart (and your health) will thank you for it.
14. Finally: When you look out at the world, imagine that you’re looking at it through your heart. If you start seeing things from a more loving and open place, you’ll attract more of the things you want in life. And why would anyone pass up on that?!
And BONUS for the women: If you really want to experience some heart-opening awesomeness, grab a free copy of the ebook: Lessons in Self-Love: Life Stories of Women Who are Changing Their World By Finding Their Worth. I contributed a story to this amazing book, which features so many extraordinary women!
HAPPY HEART CHAKRA CLEARING!!!
If you want to share a tip on how to get that heart chakra open, please do so in the comments section below!